10 Feb The Power Of Hanging To Bulletproof Your Shoulders
If you want to open up your shoulders one of the best exercises you can do is to simply hang from a bar. In fact, board certified orthopaedic surgeon John M Kirsch recommends hanging for 30 seconds 3 times a day to help bulletproof your shoulders over the long term. If you don’t have the luxury of hanging three times a day, just doing 3 sets of 30 seconds each time you step into the gym is more than good enough.
1. To do this you simply need to a pull up bar that you can hang from. If you’re just starting out, having your feet on the floor to take some weight off your shoulders is completely fine.
2. Let your shoulders elevate and try to touch your ears with your biceps.
3. Keep your arms completely locked.
4. Think about squeezing your glutes and drawing in your belly button. This will prevent your lower back arching.
5. Make sure to rotate grips to get the full benefits.
For any questions, topic requests or if you just want to get in touch, please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org. To make sure you never miss an article, video or podcast, subscribe to our newsletter here. As a bonus, you’ll also receive a copy of our RNT 25 Day Extreme Fat Loss Plan!