22 Jul A Quick, Easy & Delicious Healthy Dinner Recipe: Chicken Thigh Indian Curry
Here’s a great healthy curry for those of you who can’t resist a good Indian! This one is courtesy of Punit Rawal who posted this in our private RNT group recently.
Protein – 50g; Fat – 25; Carbs – 45g
- 250g 10% Fat Chicken Thigh
- Low Cal Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Handful of Mustard Seeds and Cumin
- Half Chopped Onion
- 150g Spinach
- 1 Teaspoon Pathak’s Tandoori Paste
- Tomato Passata
- Garam Masala Powder
- 60g Basmati Rice
Easy Dietary Modifications:
If you wanted to make this a lower carb meal, you can simply reduce or eliminate the rice.
If you wanted to lower the fat intake, opt for chicken breast instead of thigh.
If you’re vegetarian or vegan, you could try tofu with it.
If you’re in a muscle-building phase, you may want to bump the carbs up!
- Put 5 sprays of low kcal E-V olive oil on a pan with medium heat and put a handful of mustard seeds and cumin in until they start popping.
- Add half a chopped onion
- Marinate the chicken in the Pathak’s paste, add it in
- Add a ‘dollop’ of tomato passata and a tablespoon of boiling water
- Boil the spinach and when the chicken is ¾ cooked, mix it into the chicken
- Add some garam masala and stir it in
- Reduce the heat to a simmer until the sauce thickens
- Cook the rice
- Serve the chicken with rice and optional salad bowl (as pictured!)
If you liked this one, you’ll also like this healthy Indian recipe one here.
For more quick, easy recipes, check out our recipe section!