- 250g 10% Fat Chicken Thigh
- Low Cal Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Handful of Mustard Seeds and Cumin
- Half Chopped Onion
- 150g Spinach
- 1 Teaspoon Pathak’s Tandoori Paste
- Tomato Passata
- Garam Masala Powder
- 60g Basmati Rice
EASY DIETARY MODIFICATIONS:
If you wanted to lower the fat intake, opt for chicken breast instead of thigh.
If you’re vegetarian or vegan, you could try tofu with it.
If you’re in a muscle-building phase, you may want to bump the carbs up!
- Put 5 sprays of low kcal E-V olive oil on a pan with medium heat and put a handful of mustard seeds and cumin in until they start popping.
- Add half a chopped onion
- Marinate the chicken in the Pathak’s paste, add it in
- Add a ‘dollop’ of tomato passata and a tablespoon of boiling water
- Boil the spinach and when the chicken is ¾ cooked, mix it into the chicken
- Add some garam masala and stir it in
- Reduce the heat to a simmer until the sauce thickens
- Cook the rice
- Serve the chicken with rice and optional salad bowl (as pictured!)
If you liked this one, you’ll also like this healthy Indian recipe one here.