11 Jul Black Pepper Tofu
This is a vegetarian recipe submitted by RNT Family member Nipa Patel.
Name of dish: Black Pepper Tofu
Type of meal: Dinner
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 10-15 Mins
Time to cook: 20-25 Mins
Total Calories: 443
Protein in g: 35g
Carbs in g: 46g
Fats in g: 14g
300g tofu (for 3 portions)
Salt x 1 teaspoon (approx)
Crushed Black Peppercorns (coarse) x 4 teaspoons
Minced Green Chillies x 2
Minced garlic x 1.5 teaspoons
Minced ginger x 1 teaspoon
Spring onion to garnish x 1 bunch thinly sliced
Large sweet red pepper x 1 thinly sliced
Medium red onion x 2 thinly sliced
20g oats (grounded) into paste or cornflour paste with a pinch of salt
Dark soy sauce x 3 teaspoon
Tomato puree x 2 teaspoon
Light soy sauce x 4 tablespoon
Sweetener x 1.5 tablespoon dissolved in 4 tablespoons or water
Method of cooking:
1. Cut tofu into cubes and dust with oats paste.
2. I used the airyer to cook tofu using 1 Cal olive oil spray. 20mins 200 degrees or can cook normally with one cal spray.
3. Cook garlic, ginger, chillies, onions and peppers until tender.
4. Add light and dark soy sauce, tomato puree, Sweetener mix and black peppercorn and mix well.
5. Add cooked tofu (should be crispy on the outside, soft inside). Add salt as required.
6. Add spring onion on top.
*soy sauce has salt already so use salt as per taste.
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Could use meat
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for:
Can be used in the Process Phase onwards