27 Jun Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
This is a vegetarian recipe submitted by RNT Family member Milesh Patel.
Name of dish: Chocolate Baked Oatmeal
Type of meal: Snack
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 5 mins
Time to cook: 14-17 mins
Total Calories: 618
Protein in g: 28.6
Carbs in g: 91.4
Fats in g: 13.8
20g Chocolate Whey Protein (I opted for Optimum Nutrition Extreme Milk Chocolate flavour)
100g Quaker Jumbo Rolled Oats
10g Dr Oetkar Extra Dark Chocolate Chunks (70%)
100ml Unsweetend Almond Milk
1 ripe medium banana
Method of cooking:
1) Mix all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl (Whey protein, oats, chocolate chunks)
2) Mash half a banana and add the almond milk to the mashed banana and mix
3) Mix dry and wet ingredients well to a thick batter like consistency (add some water if mixture is a little dry)
4) (Lightly grease the chosen dish with 1cal coconut oil spray) Add the mixture in a baking tin for an even cook or (my preference) add the mixture to a pie dish for a cooked outer edge and a warm soft gooey centre. 145 degrees celsius (fan assisted oven) for 14 – 17 minutes. 14 minutes for a soft centre and 17 minutes for evenly baked oatmeal. Experiment with timings.
5) Top with the rest of your banana (sliced) and cinnamon.
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for:
This recipe can be altered to fit your own macros whether on a fat loss diet, consolidating or building phase.
Sub out the chocolate chunks if on a strict fat loss diet.
Enjoy topped with peanut butter and blueberries for additional calories.
Enjoy as your breakfast or a snack.