06 Jul Cottage Cheese Chicken Salad
This is a non-vegetarian recipe submitted by RNT Family member Jaina Shah.
Name of dish: Cottage Cheese Chicken Salad
Type of meal: Snack
Dietary info: Non-vegetarian
Time to prepare: 5-10 Mins
Time to cook: 25 mins
Total Calories: 209
Protein in g: 30
Carbs in g: 13
Fats in g: 3
Roasted chicken breast (as much as you need to meet your macros – I used 120g)
– Celery stick, chopped
– 1/2 onion chopped
– Dill, chopped (small handful)
– Parsley, chopped (small handful)
– 0% fat Cottage cheese (I used 60g)
– 1 tsp Mustard
– lemon juice
– Salt and pepper to taste
– lettuce to serve
Method of cooking:
1. Roast chicken breast in oven (mine took 25 mins) and allow to rest and cool. Once cooled, roughly chop.
2. In a bowl, mix the chopped onions, celery, parsley and dill.
3. In another bowl, mix the cottage cheese, mustard, lemon juice, salt, pepper and chopped chicken.
4. Combine chicken mixture to chopped onions and celery mixture.
5. Refrigerate mixture for an hour (I missed this step as I didn’t want to wait!)
6. Serve on a bed of lettuce and other salad items e.g tomatoes, cucumbers etc or add more toppings to your taste!
P.S. this also makes a fab sandwich filling!!
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Can use meat substitutes
Can be used in the CTP Phase and onwards.
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for: