- We set a caloric deficit that isn’t too extreme from the start. This ensures those that are new to the gym will maximise muscle growth even while in a deficit. (Yes, it’s possible for complete beginners, people coming back from layoffs, and "genetic freaks)".
- We set a minimum protein threshold. Somewhere in the ballpark of 0.8-1.g protein per lb of bodyweight. Depending on gender, body fat levels, age and so on.
- We’ll keep an eye on dietary fat intake, and not take it below the extremes – in order to keep everything ticking over hormonally. Usually this would be no less than 40g for females and 50-60g for males. The stage of your diet will determine this.
- With some members, we may place the majority of their daily carbohydrate intake around the workout. Firstly in the pre-workout window, to fuel the session. And then in the post-workout window, to enhance recovery
- With some members, we encourage the use of EAAs during training sessions to maximise MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis) and chase that extra 1% gain.
How you set it up exactly is completely driven by your lifestyle, needs and goals.
Again, most people have 30-60min for lunch, so they have the time to eat this.
The Lifestyle Caveat
In order to facilitate a true long-term transformation, it requires behavioural, mindset and identity shifts that represent a new lifestyle.