What Are The Benefits Of The Floor Press?
1. Pure Upper Body Strength
2. Less Shoulder Pain
3. Builds Your Arms
4. Improved Lockout
5. Improved Chest Gains?
How To Floor Press
- More range of motion
- Less shoulder stress
- Increased upper chest recruitment – the slightly narrower grip forces the elbows to come in slightly towards the sides, as opposed to being flared. This allows the upper chest to be in a strong position to perform its primary functions (flexion & horizontal adduction – think of the latter as bringing the arm across the body).
- Increased triceps recruitment – when you keep the elbows in correct alignment using a closer grip, you’ll overload the triceps further
Floor Press Technique
- Keep your legs extended and drive the heels into the floor for extra stability
- Squeeze your glutes and contract your abs to create a strong foundation
- Lift chest up and squeeze your shoulder blades back and down throughout
- Pause at the bottom when your upper arm hits the floor while keeping everything tight
- Explode up and contract your chest hard