07 Jan Healthy Chicken Biryani
I love a good biryani. Done correctly, it can spice up your normal chicken & rice meals and make it taste so much better. You’re going to like this one!
The serving sizes are based on my ‘off season’ meal sizes, so they’ll be a little higher than normal. But you can easily adjust the amounts of chicken and rice to suit your current calorie requirements.
It’s ideal for those batch cooking, as you can make a load in advance and store it for later.
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
Time to cook: 30 minutes
Serves: 3 meals
- 250g Rice (will depend on your carbohydrate requirements)
- 2-3 sprays of 1 kcal spray
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 500g Chicken (will depend on your protein requirements)
- 1 whole onion – chopped finely
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp coriander & cumin mix
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp green chillies
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 100g tomato passata
- 500-1kg vegetables of choices
- Put the rice on boil
- In a separate pan, apply 2-3 sprays of 1 kcal oil spray
- Add ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds on a medium heat
- Once cumin seeds are popping, add the chopped onions in
- Cook the onions until soft, and if needs be, add a little water
- Add the chicken into the pan, and continue to add water when required (depending how saucy you want it)
- Add 1 teaspoon sea salt, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, 2 tablespoons of coriander & cumin powder mix, 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, ¼ teaspoon green chillies, 1 tablespoon paprika powder
- Add 100g tomato passata
- Let chicken cook for 15 minutes on a medium heat
- Add vegetables of your choice into the pot – quantity will depend on your needs (anywhere between 500g to 1kg works well)
- Cook the chicken and vegetables together for 5 minutes on a medium heat
- Once rice is done, add into the pot, mix it all together and cook on a very low heat for another 5-7 minutes
For any questions, topic requests or if you just want to get in touch, please feel free to email us on email@example.com.
To make sure you never miss an article, video or podcast, subscribe to our newsletter here. As a bonus, you’ll also receive a copy of our RNT 25 Day Extreme Fat Loss Plan!
For day-to-day updates and tips, follow us on: