Type of meal: Snack
Dietary info: Vegan
Time to prepare: 10mins
Time to cook: 30mins
Protein in g: 4.3
Carbs in g: 11.9
Fats in g: 7.1
250g ripe avocados (de-stones and skin removed)
2tsp @nielsenmasseyuk Pure Vanilla Extract
150ml @skinnyfoodco Zero Cal Maple Syrup
2tsp @nescafe Azera Americano Coffee
75g Almond Flour
100g @lindtuk 70% Dark Chocolate, melted
40g @droetkerbakes Fine Dark Cocoa Powder
2 Flax Eggs (2tbsp @linwoodshealthfoods Milled Organic Flaxseed mixed with 5tbsp water and left to thicken for 5 mins) – can sub for 2 large eggs
40g @lindtuk 70% Dark Chocolate, cut into small chunks
1/4tsp Fine Sea Salt
Ingredients for Chocolate Protein Frosting:
80g @nushfoods Natural Almond Cream Ch•ese
30g @awesomesupps Choc & Nut Vegan Protein
80ml @momafoods Oat Milk
Toppings (optional, not included in macros):
Dark chocolate shavings
METHOD OF COOKING:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c and line an 8 inch square cake pan with greaseproof paper.
- Blend together the avocado, vanilla extract, maple syrup, and coffee until completely smooth and whipped. Add in the melted dark chocolate until creamy.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk your flax eggs/eggs and add in the avocado & chocolate mixture and stir until combined. Add in the almond flour, cocoa powder salt until just combined. Don’t overmix. Gently fold in the dark chocolate chunks.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pan and spread it out evenly to the edges.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the brownies are just set. Overcooking will make them dry out.
- Allow to cool. Once cooled, make the frosting by blending together the almond cream cheese, protein powder and oat milk.
- Spread evenly across the top of the cooled brownies and top with raspberries and chocolate shavings, or any toppings of your choice. Cut into 16 or 9 pieces depending on preference! Enjoy! x
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Use eggs if not vegan