Her current breakfast is 2 eggs, greens and 40g oats. So instead of settling for a boring breakfast, she turned it into these egg muffins.
Type of meal: Breakfast
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 25 minutes
Serves: Makes 9 muffins
Protein in g:
Carbs in g:
Fats in g:
METHOD OF COOKING:
- Heat oven to 190oC (Gas Mark 5).
- Line a muffin pan with 9 x parchment liners/cases (see note below*).
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the vegetables, salt, pepper, and chilli flakes (if using). Mix together.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, filling until about 2/3 full (I find it easier to transfer the mixture into a pouring jug and then it is easier to pour the mixture into the cases).
- Sprinkle the tops with the cheese (if using).
- Bake the egg muffins in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the muffins are baked through and no longer ‘jiggle’.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge (or in a large freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months).
- If you want to reheat them, heat in 30 second increments in the microwave until heated to your liking.
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for:
*You can spray your muffin pan with olive oil cooking spray but I find the muffins end up sticking to the pan and are difficult to get out! I recommend using parchment liners, not paper liners which also stick – these liners are perfect:
Could also add some cooked chorizo/bacon pieces if fits in with your macros.