Her current breakfast is 2 eggs, greens and 40g oats. So instead of settling for a boring breakfast, she turned it into these egg muffins.
- 6 eggs
- 1 handful of mixed vegetables, cut into small pieces (e.g. broccoli florets, mushrooms, red onion, peppers, peas, chopped spinach/kale). Could also add some cooked chorizo/bacon pieces if fits in with your macros.
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes (optional)
- Handful of grated cheddar cheese / crumbled feta (optional)
- Heat oven to 190oC (Gas Mark 5).
- Line a muffin pan with 9 x parchment liners/cases (see note below*).
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the vegetables, salt, pepper, and chilli flakes (if using). Mix together.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases, filling until about 2/3 full (I find it easier to transfer the mixture into a pouring jug and then it is easier to pour the mixture into the cases).
- Sprinkle the tops with the cheese (if using).
- Bake the egg muffins in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, until the muffins are baked through and no longer ‘jiggle’.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 5 days in the fridge (or in a large freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months).
- If you want to reheat them, heat in 30 second increments in the microwave until heated to your liking.