23 May Healthy Indian Curry Recipe
Growing up in an Asian household, you become accustomed to some form of curry on a near daily basis.
The problem is, these tend to be drenched in oil and calorie dense ingredients that aren’t conducive to dieting.
That’s why I came up with a healthy alternative that’s super macro friendly and will allow me to continue eating it as I diet into my next bodybuilding show.
- 400g chicken
- 1 tbsp Pathak’s tandoori paste
- Tomato passata – I just poured this over, not loads, just enough to cover the meat
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- Water – just enough so it can form the curry
- 3-5 sprays of olive oil
- Few pinches of sea salt
- Optional: coriander leaf, paprika
- Marinate the chicken overnight in the tandoori, turmeric and tomato passata
- Spray the pan with olive oil, add the chicken in and pour some water in for the paste
- Place the pan on a low heat for 20-25 mins, cover it with a lid, and stir it every 5-10 minutes
Super simple recipe that’ll be a game changer for those of you who love curries, but also love being lean.
If you enjoyed this one, you’ll also like this Indian recipe here.