16 Sep Healthy Tandoori Chicken Skewers
We love our tandoori chicken recipes here at RNT. Here’s another one, courtesy again of Gita Vadher!
The recipe is based off a 4 day meal prep, serving two people. She’s listed the total amount of chicken, olive oil and yogurt used, so you’ll need to adjust to fit your own macro & calorie targets.
- 2kg chicken breast, cut into cubes (could use chicken thighs instead depending on fat allowance)
For the marinade:
- 8 tsp olive oil (adjust this depending on your daily allowance)
- 1 tbsp Pathak’s Tandoori Paste
- 100g 0% Fat Total Fage Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp finely chopped/crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp finely chopped/crushed ginger
- 3-4 finely chopped green chillies (optional)
- Handful of finely chopped fresh coriander (optional)
- In a large glass bowl, mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Add the chicken cubes to the marinade and mix well.
- Cover and marinate chicken in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook chicken, preheat oven to 200o
- Line a large baking tray with foil (makes cleaning up a lot easier!) and soak 10 wooden skewers in water for about 20 minutes (prevents them from burning when cooking).
- Thread chicken cubes onto skewers, leaving a little gap in between the chicken pieces, and place skewers on the lined baking tray.
- Bake chicken in the oven for 10 minutes, turn over and cook for another 10-15 minutes until browned and cooked through.
- Squeeze extra lemon juice over chicken if required before serving.