06 Jul Pav Bhaji
This is a vegetarian recipe submitted by RNT Family member Jaina Shah.
Name of dish: Pav Bhaji
Type of meal: Dinner
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 10 Mins
Time to cook: 15-20 Mins
Total Calories: 388
Protein in g: 30
Carbs in g: 33
Fats in g: 17
Paneer (as much as you need to meet your macros)
2 tomatoes/tinned tomato chunks
1 tsp oil
1 tsp jeera
Ready made Pav Bhaji Masala
Method of cooking:
1. Heat oil in pan and add jeera
2. In another pan, add the carrots, cauliflower and peas and water and bring to boil – you want to soften the veg. Take off the heat and strain once softened.
3. Once the jeera starts to pop, add chopped onions
4. Once onions have softened, add garlic and ginger paste
5. Add the paneer cubes (small cubes) and allow to soften/semi brown
6. Add the softened veg to the paneer, with the tomato chunks.
7. Add pav bhaji masala and salt to taste. Add more masala if needed.
8. Simmer mixture, add lemon juice and coriander.
9. After a few mins of simmering, the bhaji is ready to serve.
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for:
Can be used in the Process Phase and onwards.