Type of meal: Dinner
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 10mins
Time to cook: 15mins
Protein in g: 66.5
Carbs in g: 144.2
Fats in g: 64.3
1 Carrot, shredded
1 cup Spinach Leaves
5-10 Tenderstem Broccoli
1 tsp Sesame Oil
1/2 cup Chickpeas (canned), drained & rinsed
Salt & pepper
300g Extra Firm Tofu, drained and pressed
1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1/8 cup Soy Sauce
2 tsp Manuka Honey (substitute for low cal syrup of choice)
1 tsp Chilli Garlic Sauce (e.g. Sriracha)
1/8 cup Crunchy Peanut Butter (use a brand that is runny, e.g. Pip & Nut)
METHOD OF COOKING:
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Dice the tofu into 1 inch cubes and place in a single layer on a non-stick tray and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and place in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Coat the broccoli with 1 tsp sesame oil and a sprinkle of salt & pepper. Place on a non-stick tray in the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes until just tender.
- In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the peanut sauce until it’s smooth & creamy.
- Add half of the peanut sauce to the bowl of tofu and let the tofu marinate while you prep the chickpeas and veggies.
- Heat 1 tsp of sesame oil in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium heat. Add the marinated tofu in 2 batches along with the marinade sauce until crispy and lightly browned for 3-4 minutes. Handle carefully when tossing the tofu as it can break easily.
- To serve, divide the cooked rice into two bowls with the shredded carrots, spinach leaves, tenderstem broccoli and chickpeas and top with the tofu cubes. Drizzle over the remaining peanut sauce and sprinkle with coriander (optional). Enjoy! x
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Any protein instead of tofu.
Substitute honey for a low cal syrup.