08 Jul Protein Blueberry Cheesecake
This is a vegetarian recipe submitted by RNT Family member Jenny Macrides.
Name of dish: Protein Blueberry Cheesecake
Type of meal: Snack
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 120-140 Mins
Time to cook: 30 Mins
Total Calories: 304
Protein in g: 19g
Carbs in g: 13g
Fats in g: 20g
– 15g of coconut flour (4.8g of fat)
– 15g of almond flour (4.8g of fat)
– One teaspoon of coconut oil (4.5g of fat)
– One teaspoon of milk
– 100g of full fat Greek yoghurt (5g fat)
– 50g of blueberries
– 12.5g of French Vanilla Creme Whey Powder
Method of cooking:
1. Combine the base ingredients, mix well and press down into a small baking dish to form a cheesecake base
2. Put it in the oven for 20 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius until it has golden edges
3. Mix the whey powder with the yoghurt
4. Soak your gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes then add a bit of water to the saucepan just to melt the gelatine. When it has cooled down add the yoghurt to the gelatine and mix through.
5. In a saucepan heat up the blueberries until they bleed and become very soft. Add a splash of water to ensure they don't stick to the pan
6. When the blueberries have cooled, add them to the yoghurt and mix through. You can also save half the blueberries to add onto the top of the cheesecake when it has set, if you’re really wanting to impress!
7. When the base is ready and cool, put the yoghurt mixture on top of the base and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hour
8. Optional step: add the rest of the blueberry mixture on top.
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for:
Can be used in the Process Phase onwards