No Phones, No Laptops, No Emails, No Social Media, No TV. Nothing. No Digital Stimulation Or Use Whatsoever For 72 Hours.
The Brain On ‘Smartphone’ Is The Same As The Brain On Cocaine.
The Biggest Win?
The Biggest Realisation?
I had to go from the focus of always ‘doing’ to just ‘being’, and it felt very liberating.
It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
Slow down to speed up.
My whole body shut down.
While I know I’m a digital addict, I know it could be ten times worse. In the last two years, the following habits have helped significantly:
- Airplane mode when sleeping
- No notifications from anything
- No phone use until 9-11am
- No emails before 9am
- Allows you to see the big picture
- Helps synthesise creative ideas and crack hard problems
- Enables you stay proactive, not reactive