At the end of every quarter I take a few moments to reflect on the wins, challenges and lessons. My first thought when writing this instalment was, ‘Where to start?’. There’s no one theme that sums up this quarter, so here’s ten things I’ve learnt in quarter two of 2020:
1. Only Some Can Survive The Dip
2. Crossing The Crossroads
3. Crystallising The Strategy
4. Adaptable 3Ss
5. We Don’t Need Much
6. The Last Dance
7. Training Drive Is My Key Performance Indicator
8. Will Black Lives Matter Tomorrow?
9. There’s Something Special About A Physical Book
10. You Can’t Replace Your Barber!
A Few Things I’m Excited For When Restrictions Are Lifted:
- Getting a proper haircut and beard trim!
- Training in a gym. While home workouts are convenient, I don’t think it’s worth the convenience. I can’t wait to walk into a serious gym, soak up the atmosphere, apply my rituals and lose myself for 45-60 minutes in the iron.
- Booking a trip abroad. I realised just how much I enjoyed this in 2019 – 10 trips in 12 months was my way of applying contrast to an otherwise rigidly structured, highly focused week. Philippines is top of my list!
- Going for a steak. Having cooked up a decent number of steaks in lockdown, it’s now about time to see if I’ve got anything over Hawksmoor…