15 Jul A Quick, Easy & Delicious Healthy Dinner Recipe: Broccoli Pesto Pasta with Streamed Chicken
Here’s a quick and delicious recipe courtesy of Jenny Macrides who always posts the best recipes in our private RNT FB group!
The macros are perfect for pretty much anyone, whether you’re in a fat loss or muscle-building phase; it’s easy to scale up and down to match your calorie goals.
Protein – 35g; Fat – 10g; Carbs – 30g
Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 100g Broccoli
- ¼ Onion
- 1 Red Chilli
- 5 Salted Anchovy Fillets from Jar
- One Clove Garlic
- 2 TSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150g Chicken Breast
- 40g Buckwheat / Spelt Pasta
- ½ Lemon
- Steam your chicken breast
- Steam your broccoli until tender.
- Chop and add all remaining sauce ingredients (including the anchovy oil from the jar) into a sauce pan and fry until the onions are tender.
- Blend all the sauce ingredients in a Nutribullet / blender with 2 teaspoons of E-V olive oil and a squeeze of lemon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the pasta and when the chicken is ready, assemble and serve.
(Note: this works great with cod too!)
For more quick, easy tips to spice up your diet, check out our recipes section here.