11 Jul Quorn Mince Chilli
This is a vegetarian recipe submitted by RNT Family member Raj Kothary.
Name of dish: Quorn Mince Chilli
Type of meal: Dinner
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 5-10 Mins
Time to cook: 15-20 Mins
Total Calories: N/A
Protein in g: 86g
Carbs in g: 82g
Fats in g: 11g
500g Quorn mince
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
100g frozen garden peas
2 onions, finely chopped
4 cloves grated garlic
1 inch grated ginger
Chillies to taste, finely chopped
Coriander to taste, finely chopped
Shah Keema seasoning
Method of cooking:
1. Put the onions in your pan (I use a non-stick wok) and heat on a medium flame
2. Add a little water and cook til the onions go translucent. Add water as necessary a little at a time as you don't want it to boil them.
3. Add the garlic, ginger, chillies and cook for a few more minutes until the moisture dries.
4. Add the keema seasoning to the drier pan so the spices toast a little then add a little water or a few sprays of 1cal. Cook for 5 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
5. Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer on a low heat for 10 minutes.
6. Add the garden peas and coriander and cook til the peas have cooked.
Serve in a bowl, optionally on a bed of lettuce.
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Could use meat
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for:
Can be used in the CTP Phase onwards