Type of meal: Lunch
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 10 mins
Time to cook: 10 mins
Protein in g: 22
Carbs in g: 27
Fats in g: 14.2
50g Chopped Spinach
50g Chesnut Mushrooms
1/4 onion, finely diced
1 clove garlic
1/2 Vegetable Stock Cube, dissolved in 70ml of water
Salt and Pepper to taste
70g Light Halloumi, sliced
Chopped Parsley to garnish
METHOD OF COOKING:
2) Add the mushrooms to a pan and continue to stir till mushrooms cook through.
3) Add the Oats and mix till combined. Pour in the prepared vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for 5 mins. If needed add more water to desired consistency.
4) Remove from heat and add in the chopped spinach. Mix well and cover to let wilt.
5) In a separate grill pan, grill the halloumi slices on both sides.
6) Serve the oats in a wide bowl, place the halloumi on top and garnish with chopped parsley.
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
– Add chillies to give the dish a bit more depth
– Substitute the halloumi for any protein of your choice. Marinated, grilled tofu goes well too.
– You can use frozen chopped spinach also; add this at step 3.
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for:
Great little dish to throw together at the last minute.
Quantities of oats and halloumi can be adjusted to suit your journey.