29 Jul Healthy Sticky Chinese Chicken Recipe
Here’s another great recipe from Jenny Macrides; this time a healthy variation for a sticky Chinese chicken dish.
What’s handy about this one is she’s written it so you can get a fair few meals out of it, making it ideal for batch cooking (how many will depend on how large your protein portions are). I haven’t written the macros out for this one as it’s essentially just the chicken you need to worry about.
- 6 chicken skinless thighs without the bone (depending on your fat intake, you can swap this for chicken breast)
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp fresh blueberries
- 1 1/2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- Thumb-sized knob of grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Heat oven to 200 degrees
- Mix together the soy sauce, sesame oil, blueberries, five-spice powder, ginger and garlic
- Pour over the chicken and toss to coat
- Roast for 35 minutes
Such a simple, yet delicious recipe. Enjoy!