03 Sep All-the-veg savoury oat pancakes
This is a vegan recipe submitted by RNT Family member Archana Bhandari.
Name of dish: All-the-veg savoury oat pancakes
Type of meal: Breakfast
Dietary info: Vegan
Time to prepare: 5 mins
Time to cook: 10 mins
Total Calories: 450
Protein in g: 21.2
Carbs in g: 63.7
Fats in g: 7.6
50g Wholegrain Oats
50g Gram Flour
2 cups Spinach
1 stalk Spring onion
1 medium Tomato
1-2 cloves Garlic
1/2 small Red onion
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup water
Method of cooking:
1. Chop all the vegetables into chunks
2. Add the oats, gram flour and spices to a food processor – blend till combined
3. Add the chopped vegetables and water and pulse a few times until you have a semi-thick consistency
4. Taste for seasoning.
5. Heat a pancake pan and when hot, spoon 1/2 cup of the batter onto the hot pan and spread lightly.
6. Let cook on one side for 3 minutes, flip over and let cook for a further 2 minutes.
7. Serve hot with a dollop of yoghurt.
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Add crumbled tofu for a protein boost
Add green chillies into the blender for extra spice
Use any vegetables you want in this. Great to use up any extras that are lying in the fridge.
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for: