Type of meal: Lunch
Dietary info: Non-vegetarian
Time to prepare: 10 Mins
Time to cook: 10-15 Mins
Protein in g: 90g
Carbs in g: 28g
Fats in g: 7g
1 cup of chopped onion
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 teaspoons of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
3/4 cup canned crushed fire roasted tomato’s (I roast fresh tomato’s in a backing tray (no oil) until the skins become slightly charred and roasted- batch cook this and freeze in tubs for later use)
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
3 cups shredded cooked chicken
METHOD OF COOKING:
- Heat the pan and add fry light or olive oil.
- When warm, add the onions. Sauté for 4 mins or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Stir in the chipotle, oregano, and cumin cooking for about 1 min. Add the salt, stock and tomatoes. Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Blend the sauce until smooth. Add the chicken and warm through.
- Serve as Tacos with wraps of choice, smashed avocado, diced red onion, chopped coriander, crumbled cotija or cheese of choice and a lime wedge.
- Best way to warm a wrap in on a naked flame toasting it.
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Could use meat substitute.
Could serve with rice, veg or salad as macros will allow.
You can turn into a soup by adding more stock, black beans and sweetcorn depending on macros.
I put smashed avocado and Greek yogurt/Skyr on top of the soup with toasted wrap squares, coriander and spring onions to garnish.
If you have an instant pot you can add all the ingredients with about 1lbs of chicken breast and cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. No need to sauté first.
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for:
Can be used in the Process Phase onwards