Type of meal: Lunch
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 10 mins
Time to cook: 15 mins
Protein in g: 36
Carbs in g: 30
Fats in g: 18
50g (Uncooked) Lentil Fusili (or any other grain or pasta to your liking)
150g Brocolli, Cauliflower, Mixed Bell Peppers, Red Onion – chopped
50g Tomatoes, pureed
1/2 Tsp Oregano
1/4 Tsp Smoked Paprika Powder
1/4 Tsp Roasted Cumin Seeds
Salt, Pepper & Chilli Flakes to taste
METHOD OF COOKING:
- Preheat oven to 180C
- In a pan, bring the Tomato puree to a simmer and add in the oregano, smoked paprika and cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate pot, cook the pasta till al dente.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the tomato puree and mix well. Add a little water to help bring the mixture all together.
- Drain the pasta and add to the tomato and vegetable pan and mix well. Season to taste.
- In an ovenproof dish, spoon the tomato, veggie and pasta mix.
- Top with thin slices of the halloumi and spray lightly with 1 cal (Helps with browning the halloumi)
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 mins.