Type of meal: Breakfast
Dietary info: Vegan
Time to prepare: 5 mins
Time to cook: 10 mins
Protein in g: 39.4g
Carbs in g: 103.5g
Fats in g: 23.4g
100g @quakeroatsuk Jumbo Oats
185ml @alpro Unsweetened Almond Milk
1tsp Baking Powder
1tsp @organicburst Maca Powder (optional)
1tbsp Dark Chocolate Chips
Ingredients for Vanilla Protein Cream Cheese Frosting:
35g @awesomesupps Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder
30g @nushfoods Almond Milk Cream Ch.ese
1tbsp @alpro Unsweetened Almond Milk (you may need more depending on the protein powder you use)
METHOD OF COOKING:
- Using a blender, grind the oats into a flour. Add the banana, milk, maca powder & baking powder and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips once the mixture has been blended.
- Ladle about 1/4 cup of the mixture onto a non-stick pan and cook for approximately 2 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, make the cream cheese frosting by blending all the ingredients for the frosting together until thoroughly mixed and smooth.
- Top the pancakes with anything of your choice. I haven’t included macros for toppings here. Macros will vary depending on the brands of products you use. Enjoy! x
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Use low-fat cream cheese and whey protein if not vegan.