10 Nov Healthy Garlic Smoked Paprika Prawns
If you fancy a change from chicken tonight, give these garlic smoked paprika prawns out. Here’s the recipe, courtesy of Gita Vadher!
- 2 tsp good quality olive oil (or could use fry-light spray oil)
- Half a finely chopped red onion
- 2-4 tbsp of finely chopped garlic (adjust the quantity depending on how ‘garlicky’ you like things!)
- 1-2 thinly sliced red chillies or a tsp of crushed red chilli flakes (again, adjust the quantity depending on how spicy you like things or just leave it out)
- 300g raw king prawns
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- Handful of finely chopped fresh parsley, to serve (optional)
- Few squeezes of fresh lemon, to serve (optional)
- Add the olive oil to a non-stick pan.
- Sauté the red onion for a few minutes until softened.
- Add (lots of) finely chopped garlic and sauté for about 30 secs (be careful not to let the garlic burn).
- Add the red chilli or crushed red chilli flakes (optional).
- Add the raw king prawns and toss in the garlicky oil for a few minutes.
- When the prawns turn pink, add a little salt and 2 tsp of smoked paprika (this gives the dish a rich smokey taste).
- Sprinkle over some freshly chopped parsley and add a few squeezes of fresh lemon juice (optional).
- Serve with rice/salad.
For more quick, easy tips to spice up your diet, check out our recipes section.