15 Dec Healthy Tandoori Curry Batch Cook
Throughout the year, I typically eat five times a day with a diet along these lines:
Meal 1: Eggs, Smoked Salmon, Oats
Meal 2: Chicken and Rice
Meal 3: Chicken and Rice
Meal 4: Chicken and Rice
Meal 5: Whey, Peanut Butter, Oats
For meals 2 to 4, what I’ll do is batch cook a load of chicken and then divide it up into the necessary portions. Today’s recipe will be based off a batch cook of 500g chicken (or tofu for vegetarians & vegans) for three meals of the day.
Time to prepare: 5 minutes
Time to cook: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 to 4 meals (depending on protein requirements)
- 2-3 sprays of 1 kcal spray
- 1 whole onion – chopped finely (optional)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp coriander & cumin mix
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh ginger or ginger powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder (to taste, optional)
- 100g tomato passata (or can of chopped tomatoes)
- 500g chicken breast (or tofu for vegetarians & vegans)
- 1 tsp tandoori masala powder
- Chopped coriander leaf (optional)
- Dry cook the onions, garlic and sea salt in a pan until onions begin to soften (if onions begin to stick add a little bit of water)
- Once softened, add spices (coriander & cumin mix, turmeric, ginger) and tomato passata (or chopped tomatoes)
- Stir for a few minutes and then add the chicken
- Add the Tandoori masala, stir it into the chicken, turn the heat up to high-medium and close the lid for 3-4 minutes. Check chicken intermittently.
- After 3-4 minutes, turn the heat down and let it cook for 15 minutes. Stir as necessary.
For any questions, topic requests or if you just want to get in touch, please feel free to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make sure you never miss an article, video or podcast, subscribe to our newsletter here.
For day-to-day updates and tips, follow us on: