1. It’s More Than Just the Physical
2. Cultivating A Love for Training
Especially when you add a progressive element to it, because then all the rules you form as part of your lifestyle solution become far easier to adhere to. Progressive overload in your training becomes a metaphor of life, and forces a level up in all areas.
3. 80% On Your Rules
- Eat first meal around 11am
- Walk 10,000 steps every day
- Sleep at 10pm every night
4. Education via Trial & Error
5. Accountability to Introspection + Action
6. Growth Mindset
A foundation of growth mindset allows for all of the above to happen, because you know that investing in yourself is going to take you to a new level in everything you do.
7. Playing the Long Game
An Investment Phase Q&A…
1. Do I need to be 100% ‘on’ all the time for life?
2. Will I eat a lot of food during the Investment Phase?
- If you’re a woman weighing 40 to 60kg, and you finish dieting around 1000-1200 calories, you’ll probably be investing long-term with around 1400-2000 calories. The range is high owing to the range in bodyweights, muscle mass, activity levels, and goals.
- If you’re a man weighing 60 to 80kg, and you finish dieting around 1200-1600 calories, you’ll probably be investing long-term with around 1600-2500 calories. This will be dependent on bodyweights, muscle mass, activity levels, and goals. If you’re pushing hard for muscle gain, then this may go into 2500-3000+ calories. The calorie brackets can feel a bit underwhelming, yet the reality of being in shape, and living a healthy lifestyle. If you fill these calories with highly nutrient dense foods, adopt meal hygiene and live consciously, you’ll always feel satiated, energised and healthy!
3. How many investment cycles do you need to really achieve a body transformation?
4. What is the difference between buffering and autoregulation? Isn’t buffering just conscious autoregulation?
5. Why do I still get social stigmas?
6. Can I take a break, or is this for life?
7. How do you think long term when you can’t see it?
8. Do I still need accountability?
What Defines Investment Success?
- A behaviour, mindset and identity shift.
- Control of bodyweight, whether in gain, maintenance or loss, for at least one annual cycle.
- Solidified 3Ss, automated ‘menial’ decisions, rules
- High performance in other areas of life