08 Jul Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Squares
This is a vegetarian recipe submitted by RNT Family member Gita Vadher.
Name of dish: Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Squares
Type of meal: Snack
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 80-90 Mins
Time to cook: N/A
Total Calories: 156
Protein in g: 8g
Carbs in g: 5.6g
Fats in g: 10.7g
– 200g crunchy or smooth natural peanut butter
– 60g pure maple syrup or honey
– 10g (1 tbsp) melted extra virgin coconut oil
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 30g ground flaxseed
– 70g vanilla or chocolate protein powder
– 100g 85% dark chocolate
– Sea salt for sprinkling on top
Method of cooking:
1. In a medium bowl mix together peanut butter, maple syrup/honey, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract together until smooth.
2. Add in ground flaxseed and protein powder.
3. Use a spoon to mix together, then use clean hands to help work the batter together (the batter should be similar to cookie dough – if it’s too dry, add 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil)
4. Press mixture into an 8×4 inch pan lined with baking paper.
5. Melt the dark chocolate and pour over the peanut butter layer, tilting the pan so that the chocolate covers the peanut butter layer entirely.
6. Sprinkle over a little coarse sea salt (optional).
7. Place in the fridge for 1 hour and then slice into 15 squares.
8. Store the squares in an airtight tub in the fridge or freezer until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for:
Can be used in the Reward/Investment Phase