Picture This Conversation…
Client: Great, thanks, and yours?
Coach: Very well so far, thanks. How has your food been?
- Guessing how many veggies you’re having per meal and then complaining of hunger.
- Having a large disparity in values between the ‘guessed buffer amount’ and the ‘guessed meal calories’.
- Guessing how many calories you’ve got left for the day.
- You’re eye-balling everything.
So How Do You Perfect The ‘Art Of The Guess’?
How Do I Make An Educated Guess In Nutrition?
The Triphasic Approach To Mastering The Art Of The Guess
Phase 1 – Knowledge Acquisition
- How long does it take you to eat?
- How long does it take to make you full?
- What associations do you notice with different foods?
- What cooking methods have been used?
- What has it been cooked in (butter, sauces, goose fat, etc.)?
- Are the portion sizes much bigger or smaller, and if different, how do the calories stack up when you consider the ‘little things’?