27 Jun Paneer & Spinach Quesadilla
This is a vegetarian recipe submitted by RNT Family member Archana Bhandari.
Name of dish: Paneer & Spinach Quesadilla
Type of meal: Lunch
Dietary info: Vegetarian
Time to prepare: 10 mins
Time to cook: 15 mins
Total Calories: 398
Protein in g: 26.5
Carbs in g: 30.5
Fats in g: 18.9
80g Apetina Paneer
50g Chopped Spinach (Washed, blanched and water squeezed out)
1 Weight Watcher's Wrap
50g Mixed Salad (Lettuce, Baby plum tomato & Cucumber)
1/2 Medium Avocado
1/4 Finely chopped onion
1 clove crushed garlic
1/2 Green chilly
Lemon Juice to taste
Salt and Pepper to taste
Method of cooking:
1) In a bowl, use a fork to mash the paneer and spinach together. Season with salt and pepper.
– you can add chillies, or some garlic granules at this point if desired.
2) Pre-heat a non-stick pan to medium heat. Place some of the spinach and paneer mixture on one half of the wrap and spread evenly. Fold the wrap over.
3) Place the folded wrap onto the pan and let cook either side for about 3-4 minutes, or until brown and crispy.
4) Remove from pan and slice.
5) You will have more of the paneer mixture left. Make them into small patties and on the same pan, grill till brown on either side.
1) In a bowl, add the avocado, onion, garlic, chilly and lemon juice and season with salt.
2) Using a fork, mash well till combined and only slightly chunky.
3) Garnish with a little coriander
Serve with a side salad!
Are there any general substitutions that can be made? (vegetarian or meat options, depending):
– You can substitute the wrap for alternatives such as BFree or Lo-Dough
Any additional notes you’d like to share on when it’s good in the context of the journey, and who it may be best for:
There is sufficient paneer and spinach mixture to make another quesadilla if your carbs allow for it.
Quesadilla can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge.
Guacamole can be made ahead of time and frozen in batches.